Climb slopes, drive through deep ruts and put your driving skills to the test with our WildTracks off road 4×4 driving experience! With our 60 acre site based in Newmarket, Suffolk, you will be able to experience driving through an excellent variety of regularly encountered terrain as well as more challenging environments, such as deep water and intense ruts. Set on light sandy soil with pockets of clay, you will feel every bump and drop our diverse off road course has to offer, making this activity both challenging and extremely fun.
Our off road 4×4 driving experience will provide you with all the relevant challenges such as ascent and descent control, deep water negotiation, traction optimisation, cross axle issues and skid avoidance. Whatever your level of driving skill, you will be put to the test during this exciting driving activity, giving you the perfect chance to improve and learn new complex skills, allowing you to master your driving technique!
This hands-on experience is the perfect adrenaline pumping activity for anyone from the enthusiastic novice to the driving professional. You’ll be completely safe in our hands at WildTracks in Newmarket, Suffolk near Cambridge as we are an accredited trainer specialising in the provision of qualified 4×4 off road tuition.
We also welcome 4×4 owners and drivers to our Newmarket based tracks where you can have full use of our 4×4 course all day (9.00 – 4.00) for just £35 – just make sure you have a tow hook and we’ll tow you out for free on your first time! Join us on our Facebook page and share your photos and stories www.facebook.com/wildtracks4x4
Business and Military off road course hire
For details on what we can provide for Business and Military training on site and use of our off road course located just off the A11 in Suffolk and near Cambridge please follow this link.
GET MORE OUT OF YOUR 4X4 RECREATIONAL AND LEISURE DRIVING COURSES
Whether you regularly use your 4×4 off road, you’ve never ventured far from the tarmac, or you are still thinking about getting a 4×4, a day on the WildTracks off road course in Newmarket, Suffolk will expand your knowledge and give you greater driving pleasure on and off road. Our experienced instructors will build and pace the day to suit you.
Your lesson will include opportunities to:
• Learn what 4x4s are capable of in a safe and spacious environment
• Learn what manoeuvres and conditions should be avoided
• Test your newly acquired skills in your own time
• Discover the varied course to the full
• Learn lots of practical tips
• Explore vehicle maintenance and safety checks
• Enjoy yourself
A 4×4 driving experience for someone special
Giving someone close to you off road 4×4 driving lessons and training is a great way to show that you care about their safety and want to them to get the best and most enjoyment out of their vehicle. A 4×4 driving experience is also a great confidence booster, you will definitely give them a day to remember with this gift!
You don’t have to own or drive a 4×4 to benefit from an off road experience! A lesson at our track just off the A11 near Cambridge helps to raise awareness of safety issues and vehicle limitations on road too.
|1 to 1 qualified instruction or up to 3 per instructor (one vehicle) call 01638 751 918 to book||Half Day||£260|
“I would like to express my thanks for a great day out. My husband had his 40th birthday driving in a Range Rover all day and he had a great time, and so did my son and I as we sat in the back. I never knew Range Rovers could do so much. Once again thank you for a most enjoyable day and one to remember.”
We also offer 4×4 taster experiences which are perfect for anyone who has little or no off road driving experience and who just want to have some fun driving around our off road course located in Newmarket, Suffolk near Cambridge.
|4×4 off road taster experience||15 mins||£35|
|4×4 off road taster experience||30 mins||£60|
|4×4 off road taster experience||60 mins||£110|
Business and professional courses
Training is a legal requirement if you drive off road for business purposes. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) requires employers to provide adequate training, and to ensure that 4x4s are driven only by employees who have received the appropriate training in their safe use. If you are self-employed, the regulations still apply.
Training improves driver safety, so reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage, subsequent costs and consequent downtime. All of our training is provided by well qualified instructors who all have relevant and practical experience.
Our off road course here in Newmarket is ideally located for anyone travelling from or near to Cambridge, Suffolk and Norfolk. We offer excellent, varied terrain which is comparable to terrain that is likely to be encountered in a professional scenario.
In our course we cover:
• Vehicle maintenance, recovery and winching techniques
• Health and safety aspects of 4×4 driving for staff and public
• Relevant techniques and procedures for local conditions
We offer the following LANTRA Award course for Business Users:
- 4×4 Professional Off Road Driving – 2 day integrated training and assessment course for max of 3 per instructor
- 4×4 Assessment and Corrective Training (experienced drivers only – proof of experience will be required) – 1 day integrated training and assessment course. Max 3 per instructor own vehicle and/or a 1 day integrated training and assessment course. Max 3 per instructor our vehicle
- LANTRA 1 day Winching and Recovery Course
Please call 01638 751 918 for details
Both courses cover:
• Key 4×4 features and essential maintenance
• Ensuring your own safety and the safety of others
• Assessing slopes and other off road hazards
• Driving safely and getting the best from your vehicle when faced with different off road conditions
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate of Basic Training and a nationally recognised skills ID card confirming 4×4 competence.
Business users not requiring a nationally recognised certificate
- Half day 4×4 off road training course. Max 3 per instructor. Own vehicle.
- Half day 4×4 off road training course. Max 3 per instructor. Our vehicle.
- 1 day 4×4 off road training course. Max 3 per instructor. Own vehicle.
- 1 day 4×4 off road training course. Max 3 per instructor. Our vehicle.
- 2 day 4×4 off road training course. Max 3 per instructor. Own vehicle.
- 2 day 4×4 off road training course. Max 3 per instructor. Our vehicle.
Candidates will receive a Certificate of Training detailing areas covered.
Refreshments will be provided on arrival at our track in Newmarket, Suffolk near Cambridge.
(Please note drivers who drive in an inconsiderate or potentially dangerous manner will be asked to leave the site and no refunds will be given.)
For more information on any of driving experiences or courses at here at our track located in Newmarket, Suffolk near to Cambridge or to book please call our friendly team on 01638 751918.
“Couldn’t be more grateful for the time spent here with friendly, enthusiastic and caring instructors :)” Oct 2013